We understand the events in the past few days surrounding some of the larger, publicly traded banks may cause some concern for the financial industry as a whole. We’ve seen two large banks be shut down by regulators. However, there was some positive news published yesterday. The Treasury took action to protect all depositors even those in excess of the $250,000 FDIC Guarantee in their balances. This means that even those large businesses that banked with the failed institutions will not lose their funds.
Our bank has a rich history of serving our customers. Today’s crisis isn’t the first we survived. We survived the first run on banks during the Great Depression through transparency, honesty, and sound financial decisions. We didn’t take the Government Bailout under the TARP program in 2008 & 2009; we didn’t need it. We don’t need a bailout today either. G.W. Jones Exchange Bank prides itself on being a sound financial institution. We may not have all of the bells and whistles that some bigger banks can offer, but we have a safe bank, a bank you can trust with your funds. We are a bank you can count on to be able to run your business. We’ve been here since 1877, we’ll be here next week, next month, and next year. We look forward to continuing to serve you for years to come!
Here’s a breakdown of takeaways we hope will answer any concerns you have:
- As a locally owned and operated community bank, G.W. Jones Exchange Bank remains well capitalized and well positioned to continue to serve our customers and community. G.W. Jones Exchange Bank also has ample liquidity. In short, these conditions ensure that your accounts and funds remain protected.
- Silicon Valley Bank was highly specialized in serving venture capital firms and technology startups. We serve customers across a variety of diverse industries, business models, and business types. This diversification ensures a consistently strong capital position.
- As a locally owned and operated community bank, we take pride in our relationship-based business model focused on building long-term trust with our customers. After all, we live in your community too, and your success is our success. We were chartered 146 years ago and expect to serve this community for generations to come.
- As an FDIC-insured bank, deposits are automatically insured up to at least $250,000 per depositor, per FDIC-insured bank, per ownership category (e.g. single, joint, trust, business, employee benefit, and certain retirement accounts). The www.fdic.gov website provides information on insurance rules, limits, and coverage by account type. We are also here to help you assess, understand, and structure your deposit accounts to ensure FDIC coverage.
- We are here for you and available to talk through your specific needs now and in the future. We’re proud to serve the community and hold close relationships with many of its civic leaders, business owners, entrepreneurs, students, families, and community members.
**Annual Percentage Yield
*Assuming Quarterly Compounding of Interest
*Early Withdrawal Fees Apply
*Fees May Affect Earnings
*Rates Subject to Change
*Minimum $1000.00 Deposit